The new designer challenge is revealed today at the Elizabeth Craft Design Blog. This time it’s all about flowers! Check out all the wonderful flower power projects here.
I decorated a wooden birdhouse hanger that I found at a local discount store a while ago. Here are the steps, for when you want to recreate something similar:
- Take a wooden birdhouse hanger and paint it with gesso.
- Take a small scrap of Shimmer Sheet and emboss it with the Flower Mosaic embossing folder. Cut to size and adhere to the roof part of the birdhouse with double-sided tape. Lightly sand the shimmer sheet.
- Take a couple of pink and green scraps of felt and die-cut flowers and leaves with the Bunch of Flowers 1 die-set. This will work best if you use a metal adaptor plate.
- Assemble stacked flowers, using a little drop of liquid adhesive that is suitable for textiles. Sew on a couple of glass beads to the heart of each flower.
- Die-cut a butterfly: the main butterfly from Shimmer Sheet (using the metal adaptor plate) and the overlay from white cardstock. Stack the butterfly using a tiny strip of double-sided tape.
- Colour the birdhouse with ink (or paint).
- Adhere the flowers and butterfly to the birdhouse with double-sided tape.
- Add a couple of doodles with a Sharpie.
- Add a couple of silver dots (peel-off stickers).
- Tie a ribbon or string through the hole in the top of the hanger.
Have a great day!
Elizabeth Craft Designs:
2587 Jackie’s Christmas Dolls in Oval (Silver)
E111 Flower Mosaic Embossing Folder
SS0219 Ruby Gemstone Shimmer Sheetz
506 Transparent Double Sided Tape – 6mm
803 CuttleBug and Big Shot Metal Adaptor Plate
Glass beads (Finnabair Art Ingredients – Butter)
Ink (Ranger Distress Ink – Peeled Paint, Picked Raspberry, Spiced Marmalade)
Twine (Karen Foster Design Scrapper’s Spools – Carnation)
Permanent Fineliner (Sharpie – Black)
Wooden birdhouse hanger
Felt scraps (pinks and greens)
Liquid adhesive suitable for textiles
One thought on “Elizabeth Craft Designs | Flower Power Birdhouse Hanger”
such a fun project
Comments are closed.