Hi! It’s my turn on the Elizabeth Craft Designs blog again today!
Last week I went to Ibiza for a short vacation. The weather was sunny and warm… We went to the beach… We swam in the pool… You get the idea!
Unfortunately back in the Netherlands it was rainy and cold again. It feels like Summer is still far, far away and I thought I’d better create a little sunshine in my craft room instead!
I decided to create my own DIY foam stamps with the new Ice Cream Cone die.
I’ve recorded a step-by-step video to show you exactly how I did it:
And here are all the written steps for the cards:
1. Adhere a sheet of Double Sided Adhesive Tape to a sheet of craft foam. Cut in half. Remove the protective sheet from one of the halves and stick it to the other half. You should now have a double layer of craft foam with Double Sided Adhesive Tape still protected and visible on one side.
2. Die-cut shapes out of the craft foam ‘sandwich’ with the Ice Cream Cone die. Make sure you are cutting from the non-adhesive side.
3. Assemble a stamp by adhering the die-cut shapes to a piece of plastic. I used an empty jewel case for this.
4. To stamp the ice cream cone, you will need to mask-off parts. Create masks by die-cutting the ice cream cone shapes out of post-it tape.
5. Start at the top of the ice cream cone: stamp a shape on a piece of white cardstock. Mask it off with the corresponding post-it tape shape and then stamp the next element down. Repeat until the entire ice cream cone is stamped.
6. Cut the stamped piece of cardstock a bit smaller than the size of a regular folded note card. Add a machine stitched outline. Adhere the stamped cardstock to a folded note card using foam tape.
A few tips:
- Make sure all the foam elements on your DIY foam stamp are clean before you stamp the next layer.
- You can use any ink you like and you can even use paint with these foam stamps. I chose Distress Ink because it gives a nice subtle, soft effect and it’s easy to wipe off the stamps.
- You can even use the post-it tape masks to mask-off the entire ice cream cone shape and ink the background like I did for this art journal page:
I hope you’ll enjoy die-cutting your own foam stamps! I can’t wait so see what you’ll come up with, so please don’t hesitate to share!
Have a wonderful sunny day!
Elizabeth Craft Designs:
1031 Ice Cream Cone
502 Double Sided Adhesive Tape Sheet
Ranger Distress Ink (Antique Linen, Barn Door, Mustard Seed, Peacock Feathers, Pickled Raspberry, Scattered Straw, Shabby Shutters, Tea Dye, Victorian Velvet, Vintage Photo)
Folded note card
3 thoughts on “Elizabeth Craft Designs | DIY Foam Stamps”
wat mooi gedaan Marsha, pracht stempels en ik krijg toch zin in een ijsje!
Another great idea Marsha! Just love it !
Heel gaaf om ook zo eens te proberen want het is wel heel erg lekker he….Bedankt voor de leuke tips.
Warme Groetjes en een overheerlijke zomer :)
Comments are closed.