Ben je hier terechtgekomen via de website van KreaDoe?
Welkom! Superleuk dat je er bent!
Kijk gerust rond en mocht je vragen of opmerkingen hebben, dan kun je me hier een bericht sturen.
Vind je het leuk wat je hier ziet en wil je mails van mij ontvangen in het Nederlands? Schrijf je dan in voor mijn nieuwsbrief!
Hi! I’m over on the Elizabeth Craft Designs blog again today! I’m sharing a couple of cards with loads of glitter and gold!
I recently visited the Charlottenburg Palace in Berlin. The palace is heavily decorated in baroque and rococo style. I left the palace and its beautiful garden with heaps of inspiration!
I especially loved the look of the gilded plaster in combination with pastel coloured walls that are painted to look like marble.
The cards that I’ve created for this post are inspired by what I saw at the palace!
I’ve created a video to show you my process:
And here are the written steps to create the cards:
1. Start by covering a sheet of watercolour paper with water and then paint it with watercolours. I used a Dutch fluid watercolour called Ecoline. The colours will blend and flow. Let the colour pool in some places and drag it around with your brush to try and create a marble effect. Let the page dry completely.
2. Cut the watercolour paper into pieces of about 4,25 x 6,3 inches. Use the Tags & More 9 Sparkle die to round off one of the sides. Then use the overlay die with the dots to create… the dots.
Don’t throw away the ‘confetti’ that comes out of the holes just yet! Keep it in a safe place for the time being.
3. Use the Tags & More 9 Sparkle die to round off one side of a strip of Gold Metallic Shimmer Sheet to place behind the dots in the card. Adhere it to the back of the card.
4. Take a scrap of heavy cardstock (I used the same watercolour paper that I used as the card base) and die-cut a couple of butterflies, a Quietfire word or two and maybe a heart.
Cover each die-cut with VersaMark ink and then heat emboss it with gold embossing powder. Repeat this step until you are happy with the result. I heat embossed each die-cut twice.
5. Cut a strip of Double Sided Adhesive Tape to about 4,25 x 2 inches. Die-cut it with the Tags & More 9 Sparkle die to mirror the rounded edge at the top of the card.
Adhere the strip to the lower part of the card. Remove the top liner and cover the sticky with Solar Gold Silk Microfine Glitter. Tap off the excess. Burnish the glitter with your finger to reveal the awesome sparkle.
6. Decide how you want to decorate the card. I started by adhering the ‘confetti’ I collected from a couple of the cards first. Then I placed my gold embossed die-cuts and I added a couple of glitter details. I finished each card with small specks of paint that I splattered on with a black and a white paint marker.
7. Adhere the card to a slightly larger folded note card or back it with a second piece of rounded off paper to create a single card like I did.
SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT FOR MY DUTCH READERS:
Els van de Burgt komt naar Nederland! Op zaterdag 5 september a.s. demonstreren Els van de Burgt, Anita Izendoorn en ik (!) de prachtige nieuwe collectie van Elizabeth Craft Designs bij Doe@ding in Spijkenisse. Hopelijk zien we je daar!
Have a wonderful day!
Elizabeth Craft Designs:
713 Small Butterfly
1055 Quietfire ‘Hello’
1058 Quietfire ‘Thanks’
1066 Ornament set 5 coming soon!
1072 Small Butterfly coming soon!
1073 Butterfly 1 coming soon!
1074 Leaf & Berry Branches coming soon!
1077 Tags & More 9 Sparkle coming soon!
212 Shimmer Sheetz – Gold Metallic
502 Transparent Double Sided Adhesive Tape Sheet
505 Transparent Double Sided Adhesive Tape – 3 mm
638 Silk Microfine Glitter – Solar Gold
Watercolours or spray ink (I used Royal Talens Ecoline)
Embossing ink (VersaMark)
Embossing powder (American Crafts – Zing! Metallic Embossing Powder Gold)
Dot adhesive runner
Paint markers (Posca)
Scraps of painted paper