I’m posting on the Elizabeth Craft Designs blog today, sharing these cards!
I can’t wait to try the new Soft Finish Cardstock! I didn’t have it when I created these cards, but I have a feeling these cards will look highly sophisticated with the soft finish!
Of course I created a little video to explain my process:
And here are the written steps to create the cards:
1. Cut a piece of cardstock to 4″ x 12″. If you would like to try the Soft Finish Cardstock for this, I would adjust the size to 3,9″ x 11″ so you will still end up with a square card.
2. Score the card at 4″ and 8″ counting from one edge of the card (3.9″ and 7.8″ for the Soft Finish Cardstock). Fold it.
3. Use the heart from Ornament set 5 to die-cut a window through front and second panel of the card simultaneously.
4. Open up the card and sandwich a scrap of Shimmer Sheet between the two heart-shaped windows. I used Transparent Double Sided Adhesive Tape to adhere the two panels together, but you can use Adhesive Sheet as well.
5. Back one of the hearts that came out of the windows with Transparent Double Sided Adhesive Sheet. Die-cut the heart again with one of the Flower Cluster dies.
6. Back a scrap of Shimmer Sheet with Transparent Double Sided Adhesive Sheet. Die-cut it with one of the beautiful Quietfire words.
Important: You need to use a ECD Metal Adaptor Plate or a Sizzix Precision Base Plate to be able to die-cut through Shimmer Sheetz. It goes inside the machine’s standard cutting plate “sandwich” with the Shimmer Sheetz on top of the Adaptor plate and then the die goes on top of the SS with the cutting side facing DOWN. (Thanks Judi!!!)
7. Add the heart-shaped Flower Cluster and the Shimmer Sheet word to the card.
That’s it! Quick, clean and simple!
Have a wonderful day!
Elizabeth Craft Designs:
1055 Quietfire ‘Hello’
1058 Quietfire ‘Thanks’
1066 Ornament set 5
1068 Flower Cluster 1
1069 Flower Cluster 2
218 Shimmer Sheetz – Fire Opal Gemstone
502 Transparent Double Sided Adhesive Tape Sheet
505 Transparent Double Sided Adhesive Tape – 3 mm
Cardstock (4″ x 12″)