My name is Marsha Valk, and I live in Amersfoort, a city in the middle of the Netherlands, with my husband, Harold.
I’m a printmaking and mixed media content creator and teacher: I make printmaking, mixed media and occasionally crafty videos and blog posts; I promote and demo art and craft supplies; and I teach printmaking and mixed media workshops.
English/Dutch – Dutch/English
I started blogging in Dutch and switched over to English somewhere along the way. This means you need Google Translate if you dig into the blog archives. Don’t hesitate to drop me a line if you need help translating any old posts or tutorials: I’ll be happy to help!
(Andersom geldt dat natuurlijk ook: misschien ben je hier via Google terecht gekomen en zie je dat bijna alles in het Engels is. Schroom niet om me een bericht te sturen als je iets niet begrijpt! En… wil je op de hoogte worden gehouden over Nederlandse workshops en events? Schrijf je dan in voor mijn Nederlandse nieuwsbrief!)
Facts about me
– I’m an introvert.
– I’m a city girl. I love exploring cities.
– I also love the sea (though I hate the sand).
– I love brussels sprouts. I have always liked them, even as a kid!
– I regularly have to bite my tongue in public… because I tend to sing along with songs when I hear music playing. At home, I burst into song whenever I want. Out loud… Especially while making art… It just makes me feel happy.
– I believe in using what you have at home. I love to re-purpose and recycle stuff into the projects I create. My most loved projects came to life with the help of (painted or inked) scraps I found on my worktable.
– I also believe in quality over quantity. Suppose I have to buy something (because sometimes I need or want something new). In that case, I prefer supporting friends, my favourite designers, and small and local businesses.
– I’m not a native English speaker/writer. I always need to improve my English, and I make errors… BAD mistakes… Please know that I never mean to offend anyone!