Yes! It’s that time again!
Riikka and I challenge each other each month to create something with a theme or thing in mind. This theme or thing can be virtually anything!
This month we actually didn’t create with something in mind… Instead we decided on creating with a couple of things in particular:
As you can see, this isn’t your average scrapbooking kit. Riikka assembled the kit from HEMA school and office supplies that I had sent her as a gift. And since I had duplicates of everything but the pencil, we were good to go!
We decided that we needed to set up some rules, like: use everything in the kit at least once. I think we said at first that we could only add two extra supplies of choice, but when we thought about it some more, we changed that into ‘minimum extra supplies’.
My initial idea was to make a mini about my two week summer break. I was thinking along the lines of a mini Riikka once created for Scrap365 magazine, using postcards. But once the summer break started it turned out that we were spending a lot of time at home. So the postcard idea went down the drain…
I thought about using memorabilia as a base for the mini too. But then I would have to create everything after the summer break and I wasn’t sure I would be able to pull that off time-wise.
And then I had this brainwave: I would create a photo book online, order it right after the summer break and then I would dress it up using the supplies in the kit!
Here’s how it turned out:
In the end I only needed the kit, a pair of scissors, an adhesive roller, StazOn Cloudy Sky ink, a grey Stabilo fine-liner and a circle punch.
The pages of the photo book have a glossy finish, so I tested pens in the back of the book before I committed to one. The fine-liner I chose didn’t do so well on the post-it notes and I decided to use the pencil for writing on those.
I cheated on one page though… The fine-liner failed me when I wrote a date on one of the stickers. The sticker was already adhered to a page and I decided to leave it. I traced the date with a black Sharpie instead. So technically I used two pens…